Investment and Development Agency of Latvia:
- assistance in investment location selection and implementation of investment projects.
- assistance in finding appropriate Latvian suppliers and increasing their competitiveness.
- provision of information on Latvian exporting companies, export products and services.
- organisation of trade seminars and foreign trade missions to Latvia.
- consultancy and foreign market studies for Latvian enterprises.
- assistance to Latvian companies at international exhibitions and trade missions, export promotion campaigns and business matchmaking.
- implementation of a number of state support programmes for the development of entrepreneurship.
Central Finance and Contracting Agency of the Republic of Latvia:
- to implement and monitor programmes and projects within its competence pursuant to the procedure provided in the laws and regulations;
- to carry out informative and consultative activities to ensure implementation of the programmes and projects within the institution’s competence;
- to cooperate with the state administration bodies, foreign institutions and natural persons.
Latvian Chamber of Commerce and Industry is the biggest association of entrepreneurs in Latvia uniting more than 2500 members – micro, small, medium and large enterprises of all regions and industries, associations, city business clubs and other unions of entrepreneurs. Association represents interests of entrepreneurs, as well as provides services, so that Latvia has excellent enterprises in an excellent business environment. Main sectors of its activities are business environment, competitiveness of enterprises, export.
Business Union of Latvia is an employers’ organization representing SMEs in Latvia. It has been created after merging of two employers’ organizations into one to increase bargaining power and representation of interests at national and European level. Main objectives:
- support of SMEs by communication, exchange of information and share of experience;
- to consolidate, coordinate and represent the interests of SMEs in Latvia, EU institutions and SMEUnited;
- to implement initiatives, education and training activities for young people and adults to develop creativity and entrepreneurial spirit;
- work with State and local government institutions in the development of the policy planning and regulatory framework;
- work with SMEs, associations, experts, educational and scientific institutions to increase business activity, competitiveness and job quality;
- promote public awareness of the socio-economic importance of SMEs in Latvia.
- work for better implementation of “Small Business Act” and “Think small” principles.
The Rural Support Service is responsible for implementation of a unified state and European Union (EU) support policy in the sector of agriculture, forestry, fisheries and rural development; it supervises compliance of the sector with the laws and regulations and fulfils other functions connected with agriculture and implementation of rural support policy.
Employers’ Confederation of Latvia:
- ensuring the preparation of policies that support entrepreneurship and the competiveness of companies so as to ensure the sustainable development of the Latvian economy;
- facilitating socio-economic conditions that are in line with the interests of Latvian employers, and to facilitate socially responsible entrepreneurship.