The Asia–Europe Meeting (ASEM) is an Asian–European political dialogue forum to enhance relations and various forms of cooperation between its partners.
The 12th ASEM Summit (ASEM12) was successfully held on 18-19 October 2018 in Brussels, Belgium.
The ASEM summit brought together:
- heads of state or government of 51 European and Asian countries
- representatives of the European Union
- the Secretary General of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
The summit was chaired by the European Council President Donald TUSK, European Commission President Jean-Claude JUNCKER and High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Federica MOGHERINI, also represented the EU at the summit.
Discussions focused on the theme“Europe & Asia: Global Partners for Global Challenges“.
Leaders sought to strengthen dialogue and cooperation between the two continents on a wide range of areas, including:
- trade & investment
- sustainable development and climate
- security challenges such as terrorism, non-proliferation, cyber-security, irregular migration
To know more about connectivity, go to visit ASEM Sustainable Connectivity Portal, download the document ASEM Connectivity Inventory, or check out Brussels Report on Strengthening Asia Europe Connectivity.